Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Decorated Director Mark Kirkland: 2017 Interview!

We got a second to sit down with legendary Los Angeles director Mark Kirkland to ask a few questions about life, work & what the new year has in store. Read our exclusive interview below!






Favorite Show You've Ever Worked On? 

The Simpsons (I've directed 81 episodes)
What's something about you that your fans & supporters might not know?

Besides directing for The Simpsons, I also write, produce and direct my own short live action films, which have appeared in over 25 film festivals and won 10 awards. I am just finishing a film, "Bud's Odyssey" a 26-minute documentary about a WWII B-17 pilot who had an incredible survival story.  "Bud's Odyssey" will premiere at The Pasadena International Film Festival, 2:30 pm, March 12, 2017.

Favorite Spot to eat in Los Angeles?

1) My house.  2) local coffee shops Tally Rand and Hillstreet Cafe.  3) Bella Vista on Magnolia

You've done quite a lot. What's your favorite role when it comes to a TV show or film?

I've enjoyed a long career as a director.





Best Advice for someone who dreams to work in the film industry? 

Be realistic. Realize it's a competitive business and study the skills you will need to achieve your goals. Also, work on your portfolio, scripts, pitches, etc and promote yourself.
Best moment of 2016?

Seeing a Simpsons episode I directed with a my co-workers and hearing them laugh.
Goals for 2017?

Work hard and stay positive.
Anything else to add?

I also want to stay healthy and spend time with my family and friends.



 Read more on Mark Kirkland here!

No comments:

Post a Comment