Friday, December 30, 2016

Mike Vosburg Interview: Comics, Art & Los Angeles Life!

Mike Vosburg is a legendary artist. He's one of our favorite customers, for good reason! He's been innovating & elevating artistically for 50+ years. We sat down with the penciling & inking icon for a few exclusive questions that goes deeper than comics.




Do you remember the first piece of art you made?

I remember as a youngster I was always doodling…but it wasn’t until I was
in sixth grade that I met a friend who go me into drawing my own home made
comics. We’d trade them back and forth and had our own little company.
It taught me the basis of storytelling and was great fun.


Favorite comic book art you've ever done?


My Lori Lovecraft series was certainly my favorite; I’ve always preferred
doing my own creator owned projects. There really isn’t much of
anything I was overly fond of in commercial comics that I did.




Tell us about your role in the Chronicles of Narnia Movies.


It was a very low time in my career as  all my regular avenues of work had seemed
to have dried up. I met another friend  serendipitously and he suggest I drop
a portfolio off at the film he was working on. A couple months later I was working
on The Lion,Witch and Wardrobe, and my connection to the series kept me
working for years. It was the first time I worked storyboarding on a live action film.
They were very happy with me, and I was ecstatic working for Walden and their
folks. 


Favorite place to eat in Los Angeles?


A local place on Foothill called Everest. When I walk in everyone calls me Mikey.


Comics is very low on my list of favorite things. Much prefer film, sports, movies,  books,etc.


Best moment of 2016?

Traveling in Arizona and stopping in Jerome and visiting Taliesan in Phoenix.


What are your plans and goals for 2017?


Keeping enjoying life and doing what I do as well as I can.

Anything else you'd like to add?


I am really thankful that I live in sunny Southern Calif. and that I’m in a vibrant
city surrounded by lots of super creative folks. What a fun and exciting life.


Check out more updates from Mike at his blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment